Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Letter


Merry Christmas from Indonesia!!
This year WE are writing the family Christmas letter. Tia and Sara

At school we have lots of fun festivals. On UN Day everyone dressed up in clothes from their home country. Sara (60 countries were represented. Mom)
In the Festival of Lights, I sang one song with my class and played the gamelan anklung
with the other song. Tia

At Sambolo we played in the humungous waves with our friends. I caught hermit crabs with my sister and we had a pet octopus. Sara
My best friend, Nicole, usually went with her family too. Boogie boarding was fun with my Dad. Our boogie boards had killer whales on them. Tia

We saw lots of Buddha’s inside huge bells at Borobudur. Most Buddha’s were about as big as my Mom. Sara
I thought the Mendut Temple was the prettiest one. Tia

Pondok Indah Water Park has really big slides. My favorite slide was the biggest one but it was really tiring to climb all those stairs. Tia
We never wanted to stop until we got hungry. Sara

We went home to Washington in the summer, and we played with ALL 23 cousins. Tia
We rode in an inner tube behind Granddaddy’s boat and it was SO fun. Sara
I learned how to stand on my head and my Grandpa Del made stilts for us. We learned how to walk on stilts. Sara
I was so good at walking on stilts that I used the tallest ones. Tia
We all went crabbing in Grandma’s boat. My Dad got bit on his finger. Sara

Dad played golf on some Saturday mornings and played with us after he came home. Sara
While Dad was off golfing, we swam with Mom. Tia
My Mom was the leader of our Girl Scout troops. Sara

Ho! Ho! Ho! Sara
Merry Christmas! Tia
We wish you a new year blessed with a loving family, close friends, and new experiences that fill your heart with happiness and peace.
Love, Quyen, Paula, Tia, and Sara

No comments: