Saturday, June 20, 2009

25 Randon Things about Quyen

Here's the list Quyen created in Facebook.
I truly love this man.

1. I have very few friends because I don’t put out the effort and I don’t like rejection. I cherish the friends I have in my life (especially my wife).
2. I believe that love is unconditional, unwavering, and forever.
3. I am so very grateful that I am married to such a beautiful woman, wonderful person, and caring mommy to my children.
4. I believe in doing everything 100% or not at all. My wife is terrified I’ll become a born again Christian and she gets out of the way when I set my mind on something.
5. I am not religious or political because I see religion and politics divide people in the world. I like beliefs that focus on the common good in all and for all (but I keep them to myself).
6. I want to do business deals based on a handshake and a person’s word.
7. I am the eighth child of 10 in my family. My mom is an incredible woman.
8. I love to hold my children. I love it even more when they hold me back. I have never found anything more special than holding my child (especially when you can hear her breathing in your arms when she is asleep).
9. I want my children to know everything I know and start from there.
10. I have two pairs of cowboy boots I’ve never worn. They looked so cool in Mexico . I look like an idiot with them on.
11. Once I get something in my head, I can’t let go. Drives me nuts and keeps me awake at night.
12. I built my own cabin in the woods with a chainsaw mill 10 miles off the road system next to a salmon stream. My neighbors call it a lodge. I just love to build and couldn’t stop. And there is something about being able to make your own lumber.
13. I used to like dancing but not anymore. Don’t really know why. Probably because of Elaine Benes from Seinfeld.
14. I constantly worry about my children and my wife’s safety. This keeps me awake at night too.
15. I think my mother in law is an incredible person and does not see limits that most people see. I wish I could have spent more time with her father (my wife’s grandpa).
16. I love anything about fish. Especially fishing, filleting/cleaning fish, aquariums, scuba diving, fly tying, fly fishing, boating, watching people catch fish, books on fish, big fish, little fish, cooking fish, eating fish. Something about fish!!!!
17. I hate being in crowds but I also hate being alone. My family is my cocoon.
18. I speak five different languages. I have some really weird dreams in different languages.
19. I think having a successful career means you have less time for your family and friends. I work to live not live to work. Hopefully I’ve done a good job of balancing.
20. I love to read Louis Lamour books. Can’t figure this out either, they are all the same but I keep reading them over and over.
21. My favorite things to do include fishing, crabbing, clamming, snowmobiling, downhill skiing, golfing, traveling, boating (especially jet boats up into small shallow streams), building things (especially structures), scuba diving, snorkeling, and being with the 3 girls in my life.
22. I love standing around a camp fire with friends and family drinking beers and making smores (even though I don’t eat smores). Ok you caught me, I like to drink beer.
23. People say I am smart, but my little secret is that I just work hard. Although I wish I was smarter, then I wouldn’t have to work so hard.
24. I believe the only thing that can replace hard work and sweat is more hard work and sweat. More action and less talk.
25. I love to cook. I love it when people eat things I prepare and love it. I wish I could’ve been a chef.

No comments: