Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Paula Golfing

I went golfing today with a group of gals at another course out of town Riverside. Cheaper prices during Idul Fitri (Muslim's time of year similar to Christmas is for us Christians). It was fun.

We're all beginners so had fun laughing and cheering each other on. My goal is usually double the par of each hole. :-) I just played 9 holes and the heat never got to me. Talked with my friend that played all 18 and she said it just wasn't enjoyable once it got too warm, glad I called it quits.

One scene you don't normally see in America- an entire squad of ladies were lined up resting near one hole. They were waiting to cleanup any debris on the green and pickup the plugs of soil a machine had left behind when aerating the green. Their bamboo sun hats were enormous!

1 comment:

Valentina said...

I still think the 'sun hats' are baskets that they used to scoop up the piles of 'plugs' to haul them away! lol! And the riverside golf course was designed by Greg Norman (I think thats his name) and it was a very professional course, super hard! so kudos to us for even trying! lol!